Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in La Ciudad de los Reyes

I got to sleep in today in what turned out to be the "owner's suite" at the hotel. By the time i finally motivated myself and asked the concierge if there would be anything open for me to go around and explore, i thought there was no chance. But turned out that for only slightly more than what a taxi would have cost, he arranged a tour for me! I ended up on the tour with a rather loud family of 6 from Canada. Despite that, I enjoyed seeing some of the main neighborhoods in lima, including Miraflores, San Isidro, El Centro and Barranco. The parts of the city that we visited were really interesting. Lots of it was delapidated, but every now and then, in the middle of all that would be a really cool, modern and trendy looking house or restaurant. And im really curious to try the asian fusion food here. One day i hope to return to peru (it's been #1 on my list for a long time) and when i do i plan to hang out and explore the Barranco neighborhood more. It was my favorite of all those we visited. I also had a lot of fun warming up and practicing my spanish with the driver, jorge! (until the overbearing canadians joined us.)

Now i am at the lima airport , hanging out in the free wifi zone until my flight to cordoba at midnight. I still have four hours to go, and a dwindling battery in my ipod.

2 comments:

swami said...

Glad you are having fun and the hotel worked out for you ... be safe and keep us posted. Maran

ds said...

June Babies say hi!!!

Have fun.

Tasted the beef yet?

The Harrisburg & Detroit Crowd

Post a Comment